This privacy statement governs the manner in which Blackstairs Web Design Ltd collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users of the www.blackstairswebdesign.com and www.onepagewebsite.blackstairswebdesign.com (websites). This privacy statement applies to the Sites and all products and services offered by Blackstairs Web Design Ltd.
Blackstairs Web Design Ltd respect your right to privacy and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts, 1988 to 2003.
We retain two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP address in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you when you voluntarily submit it to us.
Non-personal Data is data collected for statistical purposes which is not associated with a specific identity. This site collects and analyses technical information in order to evaluate our Website. The type of information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Blackstairs Web Design Ltd use Google Ad Words for its advertising and marketing our services. We confirm that the information that we receive from the statistics provided by Google AdWords are kept private and only kept for the required time.
Web Browser Cookies
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer but these may stop our website functioning properly.
The following are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously)
This website will:
– Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics
– Collect data about the traffic to the website via Google AdWords.
This website will:
– Allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus
– Allow you to share pages via social media icons
This Website will not
– Share any personal information with third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998-2003. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade or rent Users personal information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Blackstairs Web Design Ltd has the discretion to update this privacy statement at any time. When we do, we will post a notification in our News. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this privacy statement periodically and become aware of modifications.
Acceptance of Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this statement. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued us of the Site following the posting of changes to this statement will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you any questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of the sites, or your dealings with the sites, please contact us at
Blackstairs Web Design Ltd
This document was last updated on 11th May 2018.